A Management and Leadership Development Course for the Aerospace & Defense Industry
Over a period of several days, course participants will be introduced to the fundamental business tools needed to achieve long-term profitability and competitive advantage. Participants will be challenged to apply these tools in a computer-simulated environment (a “virtual” Aerospace & Defense company), where their performance will be evaluated by a marketplace that has been created by competing teams.
At the center of this “Learn by Doing” course is the A&D Business Simulation – BizFighter. In BizFighter, participants will be immersed in a learning activity unlike any they have experienced before. Over a period of several simulated years, teams will be challenged to manage a struggling Aerospace & Defense contractor and compete for customers and qualified employees (engineers and other staff).
At the end of each decision period, teams receive performance feedback in the form of financial and industry reports. Participants will learn how to use these performance barometers to grow the business and improve bottom-line performance.
“BizFighter is a very complex simulation that is an analog for the aerospace & defense business. Attendees are expected to demonstrate that they can function as a team, that they can work cross-functionally, and that they can deliver the same results that we would expect of any leader in our organization. We force them to think about dynamics they wouldn’t ordinarily think about, and it’s incredible watching them solve problems that are a day-to-day part of our business.”
Program Lead, Leadership Development
Large A&D Company
Equip Your Team for ALL the Challenges of Business Management!
Participants Will Learn:
- A “Total Company Perspective” on decision-making
- How to apply proven business and management topics to Aerospace & Defense company operations
- How to think strategically
- How to analyze complex business issues
- How to use sound judgment in decision-making
- How to develop effective business plans
- The importance of customer satisfaction ratings
- How to read and interpret financial reports (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
- How decisions in each department impact the complete business & other departments (integrated decision-making)
- How to measure success using financial & operational ratios (Earned Value Management System, Cost Index, Schedule Index, Working Capital, etc.)
- How to establish effective group decision-making roles and processes