Spring Unexpected Business Challenges on Your PriSim® Course Attendees!
The Memo Engine is an add-in software tool to augment PriSim’s custom business simulations, adding a new dimension to attendees’ experience.
Relevant, real-world business and ethical scenarios can be quickly added to any existing PriSim simulation.
Memos can be added at several points during the competition, reinforcing lectures and discussions.
PriSim’s clients utilize the Memo-Engine in different ways
- Leading Insurance Carrier: In the 3rd-Round of the Insurance Challenge!™ simulation, a flood in a major city requires quick coverage and claims decisions.
- Top-5 U.S. Insurance Carrier: Teams prepare for a live meeting to communicate a strategy-change to an unhappy customer—and feel the wrath if they don’t measure-up!
- Global Aerospace and Defense Company: Teams decide whether to enter new markets in the BizFighter™ aerospace and defense simulation. Opportunities open up to begin additional contracts.
- Motorcycle Dealership Network: Teams encounter business challenges in several memos throughout the DealerSim™ simulation. New departments open and must be managed profitably.
Approaches to using the Memo-Engine™
- Wording Changes to An Existing Memo: Simple, quick, and inexpensive.
- Live Interaction With Mock Customers/Management Team: Teams respond to the memo by giving a 3-5 minute presentation to a mock team of irate customers or management. Requires only minor modifications to simulation dynamics.
- New Simulation Dynamics: Memo choices create new dynamics and decisions within the simulation. Additional customization to simulation is required.
Here’s how it works…
- A paper memo with an unexpected business challenge is given to Teams at the beginning of a round.
- Several possible responses are presented on the Team’s computer screen.
- Teams discuss the memo scenario and choose a response.
- Each Team’s choice impacts operating results, financials, and customer satisfaction.
- The implications produce lasting effects on their results—and on how they handle challenging situations in the real