a high-energy Strategy and Finance exercise for your business retreat
Over a period of several days this fun and engaging exercise immerses your team in a complex business case study in which they run a manufacturing company in competition with other teams. Key business learnings will be driven by a
computerized business simulation, content lectures and group discussions.
Team building with experiential learning
Adults learn best by doing, not by being taught! Research confirms that for adults to truly retain and understand key concepts, they must be engaged in the learning process.
Working in teams participants develop a strategy and make business decisions in a dynamic environment. Throughout several rounds of the simulation, each team must design, price, promote, and manufacture automobiles based on customer expectations and buying preferences.
“[The Instructor] made this one of the best training experiences I have ever had. The case competition using a simulation is very creative and productive.”– Finance Director, Asia, May 2015
Participants Will Learn
- How to read an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet
- The 4 P’s of Marketing
- How to manage fixed and variable costs effectively
- How to measure success using financial ratios (ROS, ROE, ROA, asset turnover, leverage, etc.)
- Market segmentation and targeting
- How to manage inventory, capacity, and production
- The difference between strategy and tactics
- Effective group decision-making roles and processes
- How decisions in each functional area impact overall business performance
“I truly enjoyed the intensive nature of the simulation of running a business. It brought home the very salient aspects in making sound business decisions based on a holistic approach.”– Senior Technical Manager, Singapore, May 2013
Who Should Attend
- New/Experienced Managers with Team Members
- Management Teams
- Executive/Manager Combined Teams
- Action-Planning Workshop™
- Your decision-makers will immediately apply business concepts learned during your PriSim course to real-world planning.
- Add real-world, unexpected challenges to your existing team competition.
- CPE Credits
- By investing in the “right” CEU credit authorizations, you can incent participants to actively seek out your course offerings.
- PriSim can work with you to evaluate and develop your current and emerging leaders’ Emotional Intelligence (EI) competencies.
- Boardgames can take the understanding of specific topics, particularly finance, to a deeper level.
- TEAM Challenge!™
- Pit intact teams against each other in a no-holds-barred business competition!
“This program was a motivating, fun, and interesting way to learn about business finance. It totally captured my attention and focus.”– Director, National Semiconductor University
Throughout several rounds of the simulation, participants must design, price, promote, and manufacture automobiles based on customer expectations and buying preferences.
At the end of each decision period, teams will receive performance feedback in the form of financial and industry reports. Participants will learn how to use these performance barometers to grow the business and improve bottom-line performance.
“The simulation was amazingly well organized and we learned a lot about applying what we studied in a real-company context.”– Stanford Student participating in MEMPC/PriSim competition hosted by PriSim and Northwestern University, March 2014
Video-overview of financial reporting for manufacturing and other industries. The video reviews the three financial statements that companies use to report on the performance of their business.
Financial Metrics and Ratios
Video-overview of key financial ratios for manufacturing and other companies. The video reviews some common metrics that companies use to gain insights into the effectiveness of their business, and the strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities in performance.
The course is given in an enjoyable environment, where theory and team activities alternate.”– Business and Development Manager, Europe