Cycloan™ Product Details
Cycloan™ – An Interactive Market Management Exercise
Over a period of several days, course participants will be introduced to the fundamental business tools needed to achieve a long-term competitive advantage. Participants will be challenged to apply these tools in a computer-simulated environment, where their performance will be evaluated by a marketplace that has been created by competing participant teams.
At the center of this “Learn by Doing” course is the Cycloan business exercise. In Cycloan, participants will be immersed in a learning activity unlike any they have experienced before. Over a period of several simulated years, teams will be challenged to manage a retail sales branch, competing for both customers and qualified employees in a dynamic market.
At the end of each simulated year, teams receive performance feedback in the form of financial and industry reports. Participants will learn how to use these performance barometers to build a winning business strategy.
“Cycloan provided us with a real-time view of our strategies and our ability to react to ever-changing market conditions. It allowed us to bring into perspective for the participants, their role in managing a market by allowing them to view the business holistically on an added-value basis. It is an engaging exercise with real world relevance that will improve any participant’s awareness of business management.”
Executive Vice President,
Large Mortgage Company
“Wow! The war games were fantastic! I walked away feeling I could better align my real world resources to ensure a sustainable competitive advantage.”
Sales Vice President,
Leading U.S. Mortgage Company
Equip Your Team for ALL the Challenges of Market Management!
Participants Will Learn:
- How to apply proven business and management topics to marketing management
- How to develop effective business plans by conducting detailed market/competitive analysis
- How to create market strategies, including sourcing alternatives, that:
- recognize competitive advantages and disadvantages
- exploit market opportunities, company strengths, and competitor weaknesses
- mitigate market threats and company weaknesses
- anticipate competitor reactions
- How to align tactical decisions with intended strategies
- How to measure success using financial reports and ratios
- How to establish effective group decision-making roles and processes
- How decisions in each functional area impact overall business performance