Insurance Agency Simulation – Agency Challenge!™
A Management and Leadership Development Course focusing on Insurance Agencies.
Over a period of several days, course participants will be introduced to the fundamental business tools needed to achieve long-term profitability and competitive advantage in running an insurance agency. Participants will be challenged to apply these tools in a insurance agency business simulation (a “virtual” Agency) where their performance will be evaluated by a marketplace that has been created by competing teams.
This simulation is available for both Independent and Exclusive agencies/brokerages. There is also an Employee Benefits version of this exercise.
Learn by Doing
At the center of this “Learn by Doing” course is the Agency Challenge! exercise. In Agency Challenge!, participants will be immersed in a learning activity unlike any they have experienced before. Over a period of several simulated years, teams will be challenged to manage a struggling insurance agency and will compete for customers and qualified producers.
At the end of each decision period, teams receive performance feedback in the form of financial and industry reports. Participants will learn how to use these performance barometers to grow the agency business and improve bottom-line performance and customer satisfaction.
“This is an amazing program. I enjoyed the learning opportunities, the competitive moments and the interaction. I was very impressed with your program and the training. I have experience in underwriting, sales, marketing, subrogation and claims so I had a good background coming into the class. However, I learned so much more and the impact my daily decisions have on the other functions in our business.”
CPCOE Large Loss Territory Manager, Insurance Carrier
Our Course is Specific to Your Industry
This simulation is available for both Independent and Exclusive Agencies/Brokerages. There is also an Employee Benefits version of this exercise.
Hands-On Agency/Brokerage Simulation Dashboard
- Staffing and Sales Management including skills development, producer activity analysis, new-hires, and experienced hires
- Carrier Management including carrier appointments, competencies, coverages, commissions, and contingents
- Customer Management including service-levels, staff training, producer compensation, and advertising/targeting
- Source Management and analysis by customer type, source demand, lead generation, pipeline efficiency, channel coverage, and by “hit-ratio” from each source
- Financial Management including P&L, balance sheet, accounts receivable management, working capital, and float
“PriSim’s business simulation course was that ‘ah ha’ moment times ten for our leadership team. The course was like no other that our leadership team had gone through before and engaged our leaders to think outside their normal daily way of thinking. It forced them to think as business owners. This course helped being the transition for some managers to leaders.”
Human Resources Manager, Insurance Broker
Equip Your Team for ALL the Challenges of Insurance Carrier and Agency Network Management!
Participants Will Learn:
- A “Total Insurance Perspective” on decision-making
- To apply proven business and management concepts to insurance operations
- To think strategically
- The importance of customers and their “lifetime value”
- To read and interpret financial reports (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
- How decisions in each department impact other departments and the entire business (integrated decision-making)
- The difference between management and leadership
“Everything about the PriSim experience has been first rate. Designing and developing a custom simulation can be a nightmare, but they made the process painless. The design team was well organized and extremely efficient. PriSim’s facilitation of the custom simulation is flawless. The insights and perspectives the instructors bring to the program enhance the participant’s learning experience. The instructor’s professionalism, expertise, talent and sense of humor are reflected in the product they deliver.”
Vice President, Insurance Company
“The simulation provided the participants with a hands-on perspective of how to run an insurance company in a team environment. The sometimes unanticipated consequences of management actions were illustrated in real-time by the model. It’s a great use of time to train in team dynamics, insurance operations, and finance.”
– Product Executive, Insurance Services, August 2010