Insurance Broker Simulation
A Management and Leadership Development Course focusing on Insurance Agents and Brokers.
Throw some high-octane fuel on the fire and prove you can sell P&C insurance products!
But leading and managing a successful insurance brokerage is about more than just selling. It also means understanding the needs, wants, and the risks of target customer segments, building awareness with them and sourcing leads, working with the right carriers to provide the right products, and providing the right level of service.
And it means hiring, incentivizing, and retaining the right Producers to get it all done.
As Teams run their company in the Brokerage Challenge class, they analyze Income Statements (P&Ls), Customer Profitability, and Balance Sheets. They also become proficient in interpreting KPIs and statistics including EBITDA, Production Ratio, Lapse/Cancel Ratio, Accounts Receivable, Float, Working Capital, Trust Ratio, Cash, and Distributions.
The Brokerage Challenge course can be run as a live or virtual class over 2-4 days.
Learn by Doing
At the center of this “Learn by Doing” course is the Brokerage Challenge! exercise. In Brokerage Challenge!, participants will be immersed in a learning activity unlike any they have experienced before. Over a period of several simulated years, teams will be challenged to manage a struggling insurance broker and will compete for customers and qualified producers.
At the end of each decision period, teams receive performance feedback in the form of financial and industry reports. Participants will learn how to use these performance barometers to grow the broker business and improve bottom-line performance and customer satisfaction.
“This is an amazing program. I enjoyed the learning opportunities, the competitive moments and the interaction. I was very impressed with your program and the training. I have experience in underwriting, sales, marketing, subrogation and claims so I had a good background coming into the class. However, I learned so much more and the impact my daily decisions have on the other functions in our business.”
CPCOE Large Loss Territory Manager, Insurance Carrier
Our Course is Specific to Your Industry
This simulation is available for both Independent and Exclusive Agencies/Brokerages. There is also an Employee Benefits version of this exercise.
Hands-On Agency/Brokerage Simulation Dashboard
- Staffing and Sales Management including skills development, producer activity analysis, new-hires, and experienced hires
- Carrier Management including carrier appointments, competencies, coverages, commissions, and contingents
- Customer Management including service-levels, staff training, producer compensation, and advertising/targeting
- Source Management and analysis by customer type, source demand, lead generation, pipeline efficiency, channel coverage, and by “hit-ratio” from each source
- Financial Management including P&L, balance sheet, accounts receivable management, working capital, and float
“PriSim’s business simulation course was that ‘ah ha’ moment times ten for our leadership team. The course was like no other that our leadership team had gone through before and engaged our leaders to think outside their normal daily way of thinking. It forced them to think as business owners. This course helped being the transition for some managers to leaders.”
Human Resources Manager, Insurance Broker
Equip Your Team for ALL the Challenges of Insurance Carrier and Broker Network Management!
Participants Will Learn:
- A “Total Insurance Perspective” on decision-making
- To apply proven business and management concepts to insurance operations
- To think strategically
- The importance of customers and their “lifetime value”
- To read and interpret financial reports (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
- How decisions in each department impact other departments and the entire business (integrated decision-making)
- The difference between management and leadership
“Everything about the PriSim experience has been first rate. Designing and developing a custom simulation can be a nightmare, but they made the process painless. The design team was well organized and extremely efficient. PriSim’s facilitation of the custom simulation is flawless. The insights and perspectives the instructors bring to the program enhance the participant’s learning experience. The instructor’s professionalism, expertise, talent and sense of humor are reflected in the product they deliver.”
Vice President, Insurance Company
“Thank you for a wonderful opportunity! What a wonderful learning tool – I plan on utilizing this information with others in our office.”– Vice President, Insurance Broker