Business Challenge™ – The Manufacturing Business Simulation!
A Management and Leadership Development Course for Manufacturing and Other Industries
Let’s take a walk – in the CEO’s shoes!
Does your management team need to be more strategic, financially aware, customer focused, and business savvy?
Competing Teams will lead and manage multi-billion-dollar automotive manufacturing companies. Their goals: build market share, improve profits – and crush the competition!
Teams make marketing, technology, R&D, production, and financing decisions. As they do, they keep their eyes on Profit Margin, Inventory, Return on Assets (ROA), Customer Satisfaction, and other KPIs.
And if they need a few hundred-million in extra cash, no problem. They can float a bond or issue new stock shares. But beware – bonds bring interest payments, and shareholders become unfriendly if they don’t get enough Return on Equity (ROE) and dividend yield…
The Business Challenge can be run as a live or virtual class over 2-4 days.
Business Challenge Dashboard PriSim’s Manufacturing Simulation Dashboard
- Business Acumen: see the big picture and align cross-functional decisions across the entire business
- Strategic Thinking and Long-Term Positioning: current-state SWOT analysis, future-state mission-planning using the MOST framework, differentiation, and competitive analysis
- Leadership and Teamwork: a team-based competition, distinguishing between leadership and management, and working as a team to make decisions
- Financial Statement Analysis: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, and Product Contribution by product line
- Financial Ratio Analysis (KPIs): Return on Sales, ROA, ROE, Inventory Turns, Leverage/ Gearing, Asset Turnover, and Current Ratio
- Corporate Finance Decisions: short and long-term debt, equity financing, stock valuation, and dividends
Sim Tip Videos Short videos highlighting specific dynamics within the Business Challenge
- Sales Forecasting (6:16)
- Production Planning (3:23)
- Sales by Microsegment (1:11)
- Move Concepts into a Development Center (0:23)