Main Discussion Area
This area will be used throughout each day of the course for class lectures and discussions. Please ensure the following:
- LCD projector with a laptop connection
- Projection screen
- Seating for all participants and observers
- (Optional) 2 flip charts with markers
- (Optional) Laptop connection for sound
NOTE: The number of tables and seats will depend upon the number of attendees and the number of teams.
Team Discussions & Decision-Making Areas
This is where team computers are set up and team analysis and decision-
making take place.
Teams can work in separate rooms, or they can all be combined into a single large room. If using separate rooms please make sure the rooms are located close to one another.
Each team work-space must be provided with:
- Large monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, and ability to print (for more details see PriSim laptop and other requirements per team)
- (Optional) Flip chart or white board with markers
NOTE: Please make sure that the tables are located within four feet of a power outlet (preferably against a wall).
We can be very flexible with facility configuration.
Below are a few alternatives.
Room Layout #1
Combined Main Area and Team Decision-Making Areas
Combines the Main Discussion Area with the Team Discussions & Decision-Making Areas in one extra-large room
- Most popular choice
- Most cost effective
- Facilitates communication among all participants
Room Layout #2
Shared Team Decision-Making Area
One large room that combines all the Team Discussions & Decision-Making Areas and a second room for the Main Discussion Area
- Good communication among all participants
- More working room for participants
- Higher cost
Room Layout #3
Separate Team Decision-Making Areas
Separate rooms for the Team Discussions & Decision-Making Areas plus one large room for the Main Discussion Area
- Minimal team distractions
- Highest cost
- Extra travel distance and time
Note that in all Room Layouts:
- Tables are in a “T-shaped” configuration
- Diagram shows 4 to 6 teams; adjust for your number of teams/participants